Every Journey Begins With A Single Step
Maximising the value of your information assets requires a clear strategy and strong governance.
We'll help you understand how information can drive your future business, plan the best route to success and turn risk into reward.
A Winning Formula
An Information Strategy provides clarity; Data Governance provides authority. We've been helping organisations develop both for many years, ensuring their Information Management efforts are aligned with their overall business objectives and are supported all the way from the basement to the boardroom. It all comes down to five simple rules.
1. Create your information vision – The development of your Information Strategy needs to begin with a clear understanding of your future objectives. Do you want to minimise your information risks? Do you want to get closer to your customers? Do you want to put information at the very heart of your decision-making? Chances are you want to do all of these things and more, so we'll help you create a vision that describes the role of information as a true business asset.
2. Assess where you are now – Once you've decided what you want to achieve, you need to understand your starting point. We’ll work with your business and technical stakeholders to determine how information is currently managed within your organisation, highlighting the strengths and weaknesses in your people, process and technology landscapes. Key issues will be flagged and the findings translated into an objective assessment of your existing IM capabilities.
3. Take a unified approach – Effective Information Management is achieved through the combination of multiple capabilities. However, the inter-dependencies between those capabilities cannot be ignored, a lesson many organisations have had to learn the hard way. We’ll take a unified approach to developing your Data Governance maturity and other foundational capabilities to ensure your investment in Information Management isn’t put at risk.
4. Plan a route to achieve your goals – Every organisation moves at a different pace. Planning a strategic roadmap for Information Management needs to consider your particular circumstances, factoring in the dependencies between the IM capabilities as well as your relative business priorities and in-flight programmes. We’ll help you create an IM roadmap that aligns with your business, lowers risk and builds towards your target state in manageable steps.
5. Deliver benefits early and often – Stakeholders need to feel the effects of improved Information Management as early as possible to build confidence. Your IM roadmap will ensure benefits are delivered throughout the programme and our ongoing mentoring and coaching will guide you on your journey. We’ll help you achieve sustainable long term success – people, processes and technology all working together to ensure effective Information Management.
If you're ready to take a strategic approach to Information Management, come and talk to us – we're already working with organisations large and small to achieve their information vision. You can read about how we used an innovative approach to help one of our multinational clients target their Data Governance efforts by downloading the free field report below.